Last week I went to Naher Al Bared. It was the first time i go to the Camp after the war (between the Lebanese Army and Fateh al Islam) ended. I went there in order to shoot a short documentary about Palestinians without IDs.
I was only permitted to go to what is known as the "New Camp". The "Old Camp" became a totally restricted area after the war. Many who had the chance to go there said that the place looks like Hiroshima, nothing less. Many of the Palestinians I talked with said that there's no single building left... everything was smashed.
I had no permission to shoot but I managed to take some pictures in the "New Camp". despite the fact that the "New Camp" was not totally destroyed, the mass destruction struck you in the eyes! with hundreds of buildings bombed and many others burned.
here is a slideshow of the pix i took:



0 comments:



Copyright 2008| FARFAHINNE is powered by Blogger and K2 Beta Two by يساري مصري.
RSS Entries and RSS Comments